Dear Meadowmont Family & Friends,
Please be advised that we follow all recommendations from the ADA, CDC, and Governor Cooper .
THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY!!!
Your Meadowmont Dentistry doctors and Team continue to work tirelessly to enhance our already stringent infection control standards. We have prepared and implemented new systems and protocols – as well as installed new safety/cleaning equipment and measures – all to ensure that you and your family are able to receive care and treatment SAFELY during COVID-19 and beyond. We have taken the new recommendations provided by the ADA/CDC/ NC State Dental Board and implemented them to the highest level, and in many areas, have gone well “above and beyond” what has been recommended. The safety and comfort of you and your family (and our Team) is, and always will be, Meadowmont’s top priority!
In an effort to reassure you – with absolute certainty – that it is safe to receive dental cleanings and treatments, the following are just a few of the updates and changes that you can expect to see at your next visit:
- First and foremost – please know that Meadowmont Dentistry has always invested in, and utilized to the fullest extent, the best sterilization and cleaning equipment/solutions/technology/protocols available! No expense has been spared, and the guidelines and recommended use of all of these are always followed to the letter!
- Additional Air Purifiers w/ advanced HEPA filtration – proven to eliminate 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses and reduce airborne particulates such as dust, dander, pollen, and mold.
- ULV HOCl surface disinfectant solutions/protocols – recommended specifically by the EPA and proven to completely eradicate the COVID-19 virus, along with many other common bacteria, viruses and molds.
- Advanced, high-volume suction equipment to minimize intraoral spray/aerosols during treatment.
- Updated and vigorous pre-screening of all patients to ensure that only asymptomatic/”low-risk” patients are allowed into the office. This includes use of updated screening questionnaires and infrared, contact-free, forehead thermometers (any patients presenting with a fever or recent “high-risk or COVID” symptoms, will be asked to reschedule). To further ensure everyone’s safety, all Meadowmont staff and doctors will be “screened” each day as well.
- New social distancing check-in and check-out protocols. Please bring and wear your own mask or face covering. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide masks at this time. You will be “pre-screened” and hand sanitizer will be available. You will notice abbreviated and “contact-free” paperwork, health history and insurance updates, and payment methods.
- Reduced Patient Flow. In order to maximize “social distancing” and your safety, we will be limiting the number of patients in the office at any one time. Additionally, the timing of patient entrance/exit will be structured specifically and carefully to ensure minimal “contact” with other patients and office staff. To help us ensure everyone’s safety and limit patient numbers, we ask that additional family members and/or visitors NOT accompany patients to their appointments. Thank you for your understanding!
- Additional and more frequent “general cleaning/disinfecting” of common areas and surfaces. Please be advised that, at this time, the restroom will be closed – please plan accordingly. Extra hand sanitizer, wipes, tissues etc. will be available throughout the office and in treatment rooms.
- As for treatment rooms, these are meticulously cleaned with CaviCide. CaviCide is one of the most powerful sanitizing agents available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. It has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi. Additionally, we are incorporating our new (previously mentioned) HOCl protocols. All dental instruments and handpieces are sterilized via hospital grade autoclaves and every cassette/package is spore tested and strip confirmed 100% effective and safe.
- Upgraded Personal Protective Equipment. In order to safely provide you and your family with excellent dental care, you will notice that our doctors and Team members will be wearing extra PPE (personal protective equipment) that you may have never seen before. This includes both the front office, administrative Team members and our clinical Team as well. This will include different types of masks, face shields, gloves, protective gowns and even hair and shoe covers.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items, waters, coffee, and magazines etc. to maintain the highest level of cleanliness. Similarly, you will also notice that our front desk area and all treatment rooms have been cleared of any non-essential items, posters, materials, equipment etc.
At Meadowmont Dentistry, we love our patients and we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional care in a safe and comfortable environment! Our hope is that outlining our “above and beyond” efforts to provide a clean and safe experience for you and your family is reassuring and gives you the confidence to come in for your dental cleanings or treatments. Your oral health is important!
As always, thank you for entrusting Meadowmont with your dental needs and oral health! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email or call our office. Thank you – we hope to see you soon!
Drs. Wilson, Winokur and Team