TREAT YOUR SLEEP APNEA
in Chapel Hill
In a time when technology has kept all of us constantly connected and accessible around the clock, it’s never been tougher to get through a day on little-to-no sleep. Restless nights mean sluggish days and a number of risks to your health, mood, and quality of life. But we’re here to help you figure out if your fatigue can be traced back to sleep apnea. In Chapel Hill, our team can:
- Arrange a sleep test and diagnosis for your symptoms
- Provide effective, noise-free treatment to help you breathe at night
- Help you stop snoring loudly so you and your partner can sleep
- Allow you to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day
- Lower your risk for apnea-related issues like heart disease, hypertension, and stroke
- Give you the chance to live a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life
Don’t put your health at risk or let yourself continue to feel sluggish, irritable, and unhappy. Call Meadowmont Dentistry at 919-969-9330 so we can help!
BREATHE EASILY EACH NIGHT WITH A CUSTOM ORAL APPLIANCE
When you visit Dr. Wilson and our team for help with your sleep apnea symptoms, we will connect you with SleepTest, a company that will get you all set up for an at-home sleep test that’s simple, convenient, and cost-effective. We’re proud to offer this to our patients who are suffering and shouldn’t have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get to a solution.
You’re exhausted enough, and it’s time for relief! The results of your sleep test will inform our suggestions and your decisions about treatment. In no time, you’ll be getting deep, restful sleep at night and feeling better during the day!
With our custom-crafted oral appliances, similar to the kind we provide for TMJ disorders, you will enjoy the benefits of better sleep without many of the limitations and drawbacks of a standard CPAP machine. Here are a few of the reasons why:
- How It Works – A CPAP machine works very well to treat sleep apnea symptoms. But it requires you to wear a mask over your nose and mouth so that air continuously moves through your airways. An oral appliance is a mouthguard you wear while you sleep that keeps your jaw in an ideal position for sustained, easier breathing all night long.
- How It Feels – Because an oral device doesn’t involve pressurized air, you won’t experience the same uncomfortable morning symptoms, like a sore throat or dry mouth, that often come with a CPAP. Also an oral appliance fits comfortably inside your mouth, not over it like a CPAP mask.
- How It Fits Your Life – An oral appliance fits in the palm of your hand so you can easily incorporate it into your lifestyle. There is no unwieldy CPAP machine, no cumbersome cords or batteries, and no high-maintenance hose and mask.
Sleep apnea symptoms are so much more than uncomfortable annoyances. They can have a profound impact on your quality of life and your overall health. Don’t let this disorder continue to rob you of essential rest, intimacy with your partner, or the great health and energy you need to thrive.